How are your facts about fathers? Here are 20 trivia questions about fathers to celebrate with the special men in your life on Father’s Day.(Try not to peek at the answers at the end until you have tried them all). It would be a good game to play on Father’s Day to honor men who nurture, provide, and love children.
When you are done, consider asking more questions, but personal ones to your dads to learn more about them, their likes/dislikes, fears, funnies, history, favorite memories, and dreams for the future.
1. Who do the “Founding Fathers” of our country refer to?
2. Who is known as the current “Holy Father” according to the Roman Catholic Church?
3. Roses are the official flower for Father’s Day. A red rose is worn in the lapel if your father is living, and this color rose if he is deceased.
4. Who is known to have initiated the Father’s Day celebrations, or who is called “The Mother of Father’s Day”?
5. In the USA, Father’s Day is celebrated on this day.
6. Who is the “Father” of our country?
7. Father’s Day the fourth-largest card-sending occasion with this many cards given out last year.
a. 80 million
b. 60 million
c. 95 million
d. 150 million
8. “Father Time” is also known by this name.
9. In Greek Mythology, this King of Thebes killed his father and married his mother. His name has become synonymous for this hidden desire to do the same to one’s parents.
10. The myth of “Father Christmas” has been taken from this country.
c. The Netherlands
11. Name the top 5 gifts for Father’s Day (besides a card).
12. This 1950’s TV show about fatherhood starred actor Robert Young.
a. “Father Knows Best”
b. “Father Does Best”
c. “Father Loves Best”
d. “Father Laughs Best”
13. Which actor voiced the famous movie line, “Luke, I am your father”?
14. According to Greek mythology, who was the father of gods and mortals?
15. Who was the famous literary father of the young girl nicknamed “Scout”?
16. Who was the father of Disney’s Arial, the Little Mermaid?
17. Which President signed into law that Father’s Day would be nationally recognized?
a. Woodrow Wilson
b. Richard Nixon
c. Theodore Roosevelt
d. John F. Kennedy
18. What is the word for “father” in these languages?
19. This 1991 movie called “Father of the Bride” starred this comedian.
20. What famous evangelist said this: “A good father is one of the most unsung, upraised, unnoticed, and yet one of the most valuable assets in our society.”
1. Those at the 1776 Philadelphia convention who signed the Declaration of Independence.
2. Pope Francis
4. Sonara Smart Dodd, daughter of a Civil War veteran, who wanted to honor her father.
5. The Third Sunday of June
6. George Washington
7. c. 95 million
8. The Grim Reaper
9. Oedipus Complex
10. c. The Netherlands
11. Necktie/clothing, tools, sporting goods, electronics, candy
12. a. “Father Knows Best”
13. James Earl Jones
15. Atticus Finch
16. King Triton
17. b. Richard Nixon
18. Afrikaans : vader
Arabic : babba
French : papa
Hungarian : apa
Italian : babbo
Polish : tata
Spanish : papá
Welsh : tad
19. Steve Martin
20. Billy Graham