I show the following video of a talk on trust by Brene Brown to a class I teach on relationships at Utah Valley University. It’s dripping with insights. So much meat to chew on! There aren’t enough metaphors to convey my enthusiasm for what she shares! Here is the radio program interview I gave if you want to listen.
Here are some jump start questions to guide your thoughts as you watch:
- What is the definition of “trust” and “distrust”?
- What is “marble jar” friends?
- What does the acronym “BRAVING” stand for?
- What is “hot wiring connections” or “Common Enemy Intimacy”?
- How does trust involve integrity:Choosing Courage over Comfort
Choosing what’s right over what’s fun, fast or easy
Practicing Values, not just Professing them.
- What are “sliding door” moments?
- Why does trusting ourselves begin before trusting others?
- Where do you want to improve in building trust?